Now Hiring: Senior Tax Accountant1 min read
Position: Senior Tax Accountant
OVERALL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As the firm’s Tax Senior, this person will ensure that the firm’s clients receive high quality services and accurate tax returns on a timely basis along with developing great relationships and earning a high level of trust from our clients. We are looking for a person who has the desire to be promoted to Tax Manager and leading the firm’s Tax Department in the next couple of years.
• Act primarily as the reviewer of business and individual tax returns (prepare some returns as needed). Business returns consist mostly of S corporation and partnership returns with some consolidated returns and some multistate tax returns.
• Work with the firm’s clients on tax projections and estimated tax payment calculations throughout the year.
• Work with taxing agencies on the resolution of tax items and as the intermediary on tax audits.
• Be proactive with providing tax saving strategies to our clients.
• Collaborate with professionals with other firms to ensure the firm’s clients are receiving the most ideal tax solutions.
• Work on enhancing the firm’s tax diagnostic program to provide more tax planning opportunities to clients and other businesses.
• Keep abreast with new tax laws and regulations and oversee the appropriate planning for our clients and implementation of these items.
• Assist with the professional development of Tax Department team members.
• Very accurate and efficient with strong analytical skills.
• Strong technically and confident in research and problem-solving skills.
• Dedicated to the highest level of customer service both internally and externally.
• Provide services with the highest degree of ethics.
• Capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
• Commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally and also in helping to grow other team members.
• Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Up tone personality and possesses a positive demeaner at the office and at clients.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Certified Public Accountant (License Active).
• Experience: At least 4-5 years tax experience and mostly in a public accounting firm.
• Technical Competencies: Tax Software Packages UltraTax (preferred), Microsoft Office.