Now Hiring: Senior Accountant1 min read
OVERALL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As the firm’s Accounting Senior, this person will ensure that the firm’s clients receive high quality services on a timely basis along with developing great relationships and earning a high level of trust from our clients. We are looking for a person who has the desire to be promoted to Accounting Manager and taking the lead role in servicing some of our specific clients in the next couple of years.
• Review and/or prepare financial statement oversights, compiled financial statements and reviews.
• Oversee and/or take part in ongoing accounting and/or controllership work for clients in various industries.
• Review and/or complete various account reconciliations of complex accounts.
• Keep abreast with changes in accounting and SSARS regulations and standards and oversee and/or assist with the planning and implementation of these changes for our clients and firm.
• Research various technical accounting related items.
• Embark on opportunities to assist in the tax area if the person has some tax experience and/or if desired to enhance expertise in that area.
• Assist with the professional development of the firm’s technical team members.
• Embark on other various internal and client related projects.
• Very accurate and efficient with strong analytical skills.
• Strong technically and confident in research and problem-solving skills.
• Dedicated to the highest level of customer service both internally and externally.
• Provide services with the highest degree of ethics.
• Capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
• Commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally and also in helping to grow other team members.
• Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Up tone personality and possesses a positive demeaner at the office and at clients.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Certified Public Accountant (License Active).
• Experience: At least 4-5 years as an accountant and mostly in a public accounting firm.
• Technical Competencies: Workpapers Related Software Packages, Accounting Systems including QuickBooks would be a plus but not required, Microsoft Office.