Now Hiring: Senior Accountant1 min read
Position: Senior Accountant
Status: Full Time
A Senior Accountant in the Accounting Department provides advanced accounting & basic controllership to a regular portfolio of customers, as well as manages & develops Accountants, Senior Associates and/or Associates in the Accounting Department.
Chargeable work (77% of total hours)
Advanced accounting (Level 3) (45% of chargeable)
• Fields questions from team members (internal) and customers.
• Makes decisions of capitalization of purchases
• Calculates deferred tax
• Coordinates fixed asset calculations with tax specialist
• Identifies and records intangibles
• Reviews prior period adjustments
• Completes general equity work
• Prepares amortization tables based on debt agreements
• Prepares for and interfaces with auditor
• Conducts intermediary review of jobs
• Plans engagements
• Takes lead on basic controllership engagements
• Prepares budgets and projections under guidance of manager
• Prepares financial compilations and reviews (with footnotes)
• Prepares PBC lists/letter
• Updates permanent files of customers
Intermediate Accounting (Level 2) (35% of chargeable)
• Conducts inventory analytical review
• Determines and enters job costing
• Conducts complex (with accruals) payroll expense reconciliation
• Reviews distribution accounts
• Reviews lease/rent agreements
• Prepares financial compilations (without footnotes)
• Prepares write-ups
• Completes reconciliations of complex accounts
• Completes ticking and tying of workpapers
• Prepares accruals and prepaids
Basic Accounting (Level 1) (5% of chargeable)
• Reconciles credit card statements & pay balances
• Records financial information in QuickBooks: checks issued, credit card transactions, revenue/receipts, accounts payable, basic payroll, fixed assets, inventory valuation, debt payments per amortization table
• Records accounts payable
• Prepares invoices
• Downloads bank activity
• Completes cash/bank account reconciliations
• Reconciles basic accounts
• Gathers and organizes information for customer permanent files
Employee Development & QA (15% of chargeable)
• Reviews work of Accountants, Senior Associates & Associates and provides feedback, including coaching as necessary
• Provides coaching to team members in order to build their knowledge and skills in real-time based on customer work
Non-chargeable (23% of total hours)
Employee Management & Development (72% of non-chargeable)
• Participates in employee selection
• Lead new employees in the department through their onboarding process
• Provides guidance to junior colleagues on issues in Levels 1-3 of accounting services
• Conducts performance evaluations
Company Support (18% of non-chargeable)
• Participates in company meetings
• Participates in the company’s LinkedIn presence
• Contributes ideas and feedback regarding company marketing efforts
• Participates in marketing/sales activities as requested
Professional Development (10% of non-chargeable)
• Participates in internal and external training and informal learning activities in order to maintain up-to-date accounting knowledge
Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
• Demonstration of strong customer service both internally and externally.
• Demonstration of utmost professionalism in appearance, communication and manner both internally and externally.
• Demonstration of ethical, honest behavior at all times.
• Demonstration of capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
• Demonstration of commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
• Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Work at the Simons Bitzer office and customer sites
• Most work during standard office hours
• Additional evening/weekend hours necessary January-March
• Must be able to drive to/from customer sites
• Extensive computer work
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required; completion of CPA required
• Experience: At least 5 years as an accountant; public accounting experience desired
• Technical competencies: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle