Now Hiring: Staff Accountant1 min read
Position: Staff Accountant
Status: Full Time
OVERALL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to help ensure that the firm’s clients receive high quality services on a timely basis by supporting the firm’s senior staff and managers. It will be beneficial if you thrive on working on a variety of projects and have a desire to expand your leadership skills and experiences and grow with the firm including having the opportunity to be promoted to a Senior level position.
• Assist with preparing financial statement oversights, compiled financial statements and reviews.
• Take part in ongoing accounting work for clients in various industries.
• Complete various account reconciliations of accounts.
• Keep abreast with changes in accounting and SSARS regulations and standards and assist the team with the planning and implementation of these changes for our clients and firm.
• Research various technical accounting related items.
• Embark on opportunities to assist in the tax area, if desired.
• Embark on other various internal and client related projects.
• Collaborate with all members of the team to resolve issues and move projects forward.
• Ability to complete work accurately and efficiently.
• Dedicated to the highest level of customer service both internally and externally.
• Provide services with the highest degree of ethics.
• Commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
• Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Possesses a positive demeanor at the office and at clients.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• Prefer someone who is working toward obtaining his/her CPA license.
• Experience: Ranges from just out of college to 2 years in accounting. Some public accounting experience is a plus.
• Technical Competencies: Workpapers Related Software Packages and Accounting Systems including QuickBooks would all be a plus but not required.