An Accountant in the Tax Department prepares tax returns, related schedules and related reports. They will prepare complex individual returns and a range of corporate returns.
- Tax Document Preparation
- Prepares federal and state individual returns in which there are itemized deductions (Individual Level 2)
- Prepares federal and state business returns and related schedules.
- Prepares property tax returns, 1099s, extensions and quarterly tax estimates
- Participates in company meetings
- Participates in the company’s LinkedIn presence
- Contributes ideas and feedback regarding company marketing efforts
- Participates in marketing/sales activities as requested
- Participates in internal and external training and informal learning activities in order to maintain up-to-date accounting knowledge
- Demonstration of strong customer service both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of utmost professionalism in appearance, communication and manner both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of ethical, honest behavior at all times.
- Demonstration of capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
- Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
- Work at the Simons Bitzer office and customer sites
- Must work during standard office hours
- Additional evening/weekend hours necessary January-April
- Extensive computer work
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Experience: At least 1-3 years as an accountant; public accounting experience desired
- Technical competencies: Microsoft Office, UltraTax (preferred)
Views – 31