The Accountant provides intermediate to advanced accounting services to a regular portfolio of customers.
Advanced accounting (Level 3)
- Fields questions from team members (internal) and customers.
- Makes decisions of capitalization of purchases
- Calculates deferred tax
- Coordinates fixed asset calculations with tax specialist
- Identifies and records intangibles
- Reviews prior period adjustments
- Completes general equity work
- Prepares amortization tables based on debt agreements
- Prepares for and interfaces with auditor
- Conducts intermediary review of jobs
- Plans engagements
- Takes lead on basic controllership engagements
- Prepares budgets and projections under guidance of manager
- Prepares financial compilations and reviews (with footnotes)
- Prepares PBC lists/letter
- Updates permanent files of customers
Intermediate Accounting (Level 2)
- Conducts inventory analytical review
- Determines and enters job costing
- Conducts complex (with accruals) payroll expense reconciliation
- Reviews distribution accounts
- Reviews lease/rent agreements
- Prepares financial compilations (without footnotes)
- Prepares write-ups
- Completes reconciliations of complex accounts
- Completes ticking and tying of workpapers
- Prepares accruals and prepaids
Basic Accounting (Level 1)
- Reconciles credit card statements & pay balances
- Records financial information in QuickBooks: checks issued, credit card transactions, revenue/receipts, accounts payable, basic payroll, fixed assets, inventory valuation, debt payments per amortization table
- Records accounts payable
- Prepares invoices
- Downloads bank activity
- Completes cash/bank account reconciliations
- Reconciles basic accounts
- Gathers and organizes information for customer permanent files
- Participates in company meetings
- Participates in the company’s LinkedIn presence
- Contributes ideas and feedback regarding company marketing efforts
- Participates in marketing/sales activities as requested
- Participates in internal and external training and informal learning activities in order to maintain up-to-date accounting knowledge
Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Demonstration of strong customer service both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of utmost professionalism in appearance, communication and manner both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of ethical, honest behavior at all times.
- Demonstration of capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
- Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
- Work at the Simons Bitzer office and customer sites
- Most work during standard office hours
- Additional evening/weekend hours necessary January-March
- Must be able to drive to/from customer sites
- Extensive computer work
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; completion of CPA (or current pursuit of) preferred
- Experience: At least 3 years as an accountant; public accounting experience desired
- Technical competencies: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Views – 1596