Now Hiring: Firm Administrator1 min read
Position: Firm Administrator
Status: Full Time
The Firm Administrator ensures the smooth, profitable operations of the Simons Bitzer office and provides comprehensive support to the Managing Principal.
• Oversees A/R and A/P operations
• Prepares and /or reviews all billing for the firm
• Oversees HR functions
• Manages the recruiting function
• Manages all hiring activities
• Coordinates performance appraisals
• Maintains job descriptions
• Organizes and administrates performance evaluation process
• Oversees provision of IT support
• Oversees and manages daily operations of the firm
• Serves as a backup to Admin Assistant and TSA, as needed
Technical Team Coordination
• Coordinates weekly scheduling
• Coordinates engagement letter creation
• Works with the Technical Services Associate in managing scheduling of work
• Monitors all work projects for profitability and plan and guide staffing changes as necessary
• Assists with the assignments of work to staff, including hiring, adding new positions or making re-assignments as necessary
• Prepares annual budget
• Oversees the preparation of the financial reports and KPI’s
• Contributes significantly to the regular review and strategizing of company finances
• Works closely with the Managing Principal on strategic planning for the firm
Managing Principal Support
• Manages travel
• Provides direct personal support
• Serves as a buffer for e-mail and phone contacts
• Manages calendar
• Oversees the communication with tenants
• Fills vacancies as needed
• Oversees repairs as needed for all properties
• Oversees the accounting functions for property
• Participates in and leads company meetings
• Participates in the company’s LinkedIn presence
• Contributes ideas and feedback regarding company marketing efforts
• Participates in marketing/sales activities
Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Behavioral Competencies – Demonstrates the Following:
• Strong customer service both internally and externally.
• Utmost professionalism in appearance, communication, and manner both internally and externally.
• Ethical, honest behavior always.
• Capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
• Commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
• Work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Work at the Simons Bitzer office
• Available during standard office hours to ensure the team is properly supported
• Additional evening/weekend hours as determined necessary
• Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to use QuickBooks is a plus
• Ability to maintain clerical records, prepare reports, and compose routine letters and memoranda
• 5-6 years of related experience
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred and a CPA firm is a plus